- Updated July 2020
The following information describes our compliance with Australian Privacy Principles in the Australian Privacy Act.
Collection of your personal information
Your privacy is important to us. We do not collect personal information unless it is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. When we collect personal information, we do so only by lawful and fair means.
In the course of our business, it is often not practicable for us to provide you with goods and services without collecting specific personal information such as your name, contact details and qualifications. You may choose not to provide us with your personal information, but in many cases, this will render us unable to provide you with goods and/or services. Where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records which have been de-identified.
We take every care to ensure that any personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date and as much as possible is limited to data which is essential to our ability to provide you with goods and services. We also make every effort to ensure that your details are only modified by you or a third party authorised by you.
GDH may also engage with third-party vendors to collect non-personally identifiable information about our website visitors.
Sharing of your personal information
We occasionally engage third parties and commercial partners to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to processing transactions and delivery service providers. Therefore, we may disclose your personal information to these third parties to assist us in providing products and services you have requested. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service.
Where we share your personal information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information in order to carry out our business activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve the goods and services we provide to our customers. Examples include:
- Providing you with information about our products and services, including dealing with any enquiries or complaints;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve the use of personal information such as the processing of orders;
- providing you with marketing communications, newsletters and alerts, surveys and invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest (the opportunity to opt out will always be made available in regards to these communications);
- to administer and manage promotions and competitions;
- to assess your eligibility for products or services such as product technical support;
- to evaluate our products and services, and conduct consumer research – where possible, data will be de-identified for these activities; and
- to communicate with you about our products and services; and
- to amend records.
For each visitor to reach the website, we expressively collect the following anonymous, non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are on this website.
- time, date, URL of webapges visited; browser software; device category; geolocation; duration of visit, clicks a webpage.
By using our site, you agree to the placing of these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future.
- Site functionality purposes: cookies which allow you to navigate our site and use many of the e-commerce features such as “Add to Cart” or “Add to Favourites”.
- Analytical purposes: cookies used to measure and analyse user activity on our website in order to help us understand how to improve website functionality and ordering experience.
- Marketing purposes: these cookies allow third party websites, such as Facebook and Google, to display relevant interest-based advertising and track the effectiveness of these advertisements.
If you do not wish to allow cookies then you may elect to disable cookies, using your browser settings. You may find instructions on how to do so here. Please note by disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website.
Ginseng Deer Health will never give, sell, trade or otherwise disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless:
- You have provided us with your explicit consent or
- We are required to do so by law.
Various measures are in place to protect the personal information we hold from loss, misuse, and unauthorised disclosure.
Certain of our systems and services may be run by international organisations wherein data may be securely stored offshore, and in these cases, we make every effort to ensure that this information is treated lawfully and responsibly.
Wherever possible, we will destroy or de-identify any personal information which is no longer required.
How to contact Ginseng Deer Health about your personal information
You are welcome to contact us in order to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. You can also update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the website.
For privacy enquiries you may send us a website enquiry, or alternatively use the following contact details:
Ginseng Deer Health
21 Magnesium Drive, Crestmead, QLD, 4132
We will respond to your requests for access to your personal information as soon reasonably possible, including in such cases where we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.